Redken Creative Consultant Guido kept the hair soft and feminine this season with a simple, yet classic French braid at Diesel Black Gold. To soften the style, Guido loosened the hair around each model’s face, making the look feel more romantic. The dampness of the braid introduces a beach-like element to the overall style, making the look more casual and accessible for the everyday woman.
–Guido, Redken Creative Consultant
–outshine 01 anti-frizz polishing milk
- Apply outshine 01 anti-frizz polishing milk to slightly damp hair
- Take very top section of hair and separate into three sections and begin French braiding, slightly twisting hair to give the braid a messy look
- Continue to braid downward, keeping the hair pulled tight
- Secure end of braid with an elastic and a piece of leather
- Mess up hairline a bit to soften the overall look.
Photos by Charles Skyes for Redken.