Beach waves are the hot trend right now for summer weddings! Brides want Kate Hudson and Lea Michele hair. They want waves, but not curls; softness, but with an edge to them. That look is very popular right now; and best of all…it is so simple to accomplish! There are many ways to achieve them and because you are my special brides; I am going to give you the best and easiest way to look spectacular:
- First, your hair length will make a difference in how we end up! If your hair doesn’t reach your shoulders you need to use a very small barreled curling iron. However, if your hair is a few inches below your shoulders I recommend that you use the Helen of Troy 1.5inch barrel curling iron.
- Once nice and clean, curl your hair and then spray it with either Bumble and Bumble’s surf spray or Original mineral’s surf spray.
- Run your fingers through your hair, pulling at the curls to make them messy and not so perfect. Turn your head upside down and continue to pull on the curls and then spray them again with the salt spray.
- Flip your head back over, and with your hands, smooth the waves down. Finish them off with a little bit of Aussie’s Mega hairspray and you are good to go!
- Some people like to get a little bit of sunscreen and rub it in their hands and then onto the very tips of their hair to give it that “beach” smell.
For your wedding don’t forget to personalize your hair! Get an accessory to decorate and draw even more attention to your waves. Get shells or flowers, or maybe pull it to one side? It’s your wedding so make it about you! This look is also great for bachelorette parties!! Maybe do the waves in the morning and by the time you’re ready to go out pull it in a very sloppy bun to the side; sloppy side buns are IN right now!
Remember, you don’t have to put an entire bottle of product into your hair. If you have too much product in your hair, it will weigh the curls down and the waves won’t flow! So spray sparingly to make the look last longer!
Until next week,
1. Helen of Troy 1.5 inch curling iron www.amazon.com
2. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray www.bumbleandbumble.com
3. Fructis Style Volumizing Anti-Humidity Hairspray www.garnierusa.com