Here at BB we absolutely LOVE Award season! Fashion everywhere and celeb sighting and buzzing about celeb red carpet looks are what we do best here at BB. Recently we were privy to the inside look for Ana Ortiz at the 2013 ALMA Awards, makeup featuring Votre Vu.
Shiyena was inspired for the look by Ana’s dress; she told us “When I first saw the dress, it reminded me of an urban goddess.” So she centered the look on this inspiration and decided to create a soft, warm, glowing goddess that complimented her hairstyle, which had soft, curls framing her face. “The whole look is very ethereal.”
TIP: It’s always easier to start with the eyes first so that you can clean up any fall out from the eyeshadow before moving on.
1. Prime the eyelid with Votre Vu’s Lingerie Pour Les Yeux in Medium by sweeping it all over the eyelid, on the orbital bone, inner corners of the eyes, and right underneath the bottom lash line
2. Using Palette Play in Copper eyeshadow quad, sweep the shade Linen over the entire eyelid and up to the brow bone
3. Apply shade the Gilt to the eyelid and up to the crease
4. To create an almond/cat-eye shape, apply the shade Copper Suede in a V shape in the outer corner of the eyes and right up into the crease, but only a third of the way towards the inner corner
5. Take the shade Indigo with an angled brush and line the upper lash line and wing it out at the outer corner
6. Gentle line the upper lash line with Le Joli Crayon in Charbon and smudge it out with the end of the pencil
7. Line the lower lash line with Le Joli Crayon in Aubergine for a softer look and smudge it out
8. Go back over both the Charbon and Aubergine with Copper Suede from the eyeshadow quad to soften the lines further
9. Apply multiple coats of Eiffel Power for a voluminous look. “I really love the mascara because you can use it for a very natural look with just one coat, but then if you apply numerous coast it builds up beautifully and doesn’t clump at all! It really separates the lashes while building, which is great.”
10. “Since Ana already has gorgeous thick eyebrows, there wasn’t much that needed to be done. Using the Arch de Triumphe in Warm and Dark Brown, I just filled them in lightly for a more polished look.”
1. Apply a mixture of Votre Vu’s Love Me Deux in Paris and Provence all over the face and down the neck with a sponge and then work it in with the fingers. Go back and apply extra tinted moisturizer wherever you desire more coverage
2. Apply the concealer from the Love Me Deux on the bridge of the nose, the center of the forehead, and a bit on the chin as a subtle highlighter
3. On the cheeks, apply the Vu-On Rouge in Bouquet Rose first with a brush to place the product and then blend it out with the fingers, primarily concentrating on the cheeks and not blending out the product too much
4. Dust Belle Poudre in Golden Medium using a kabuki brush for a satiny finish
5. To make the blush pop a bit more and give that ethereal feel, use Beauté en Bronze blush that has a hint of shimmer
6. Lightly contour all over the face with Beauté en Bronze bronzer concentrating on the places where the sun would normally hit; the forehead, cheek bones, tip of the nose, and chest
1. To keep the look goddess-like, keep the lips neutral. Lined the entire lip with Drawmatic Lip Liner in Naked and then top it with Lip Lustre in Demure for delicious looking lips. “The Naked lip liner is a beautiful color and so universal, it was perfect to use.”
For that final heavenly glow, massage Votre Vu’s Amour D’Ore multivitamin oil into your arms.
Votre Vu products are available at www.votrevu.com.